- Go to Registry Editor. For this you can directly go to "Run (Ctrl+R)" and click OK by typing regedit in the space.
- Run the command after it asks for the permission. This app will try to make changes to your PC.
- The third step for the process is navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
- Create a new Key to Explorer using the dialog menu. Just like how you create a new folder, in the similar fashion you just right click on the Explorer and create a new Key by choosing New option. Name the newly created key as Shell Icons.
- Create String Value from Shell Icons and name it 29. You can do this by just right clicking to the Shell Icons>New>String Value.
- Now modify the string value. You do this first by double clicking the string value (29) and you will see the Value data option that is blank initially. Then you need to modify it by copying the following code: %windir%\System32\shell32.dll,-50 and then click OK.
- Finally you need to restart or reboot your PC to see the changes done in the registry editor.
Harish Chand 10:06:00 PM
How to get rid of shortcut arrows in Windows 10
If you would like to remove your shortcut arrows seen in your desktop then follow the following steps: